App duplication again (Re: new project in kdemultimedia)

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Sat May 4 16:53:40 BST 2002

Am Samstag, 4. Mai 2002 17:25 schrieb Neil Stevens:

> > I guess the question is: Who takes responsibiltiy if (some) developers
> > forget about theirs?
>
> The answer is nobody.  Who said that all responsibilities get taken?

I'm not talking about "all responsibilities". I'm talking about duplicate
apps. And if their authors don't feel it as part of their responsibility to
work together, okay, nobody can force them to. But nobody can keep us
from drawing our conclusions on that one, either.

> Apps fall unmaintained all the time in KDE, translations fall behind,

There are quite a few teams doing their damndest _not_ to fall behind.
I don't want to tell them that they can give up on that now. And I don't
see any good reason to do this, either.

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/