Linux Documentation Projects invites KDE and everybody to hook to "Lampadas"

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu May 2 17:34:16 BST 2002

Hi,

first -- sorry for crossposting, I don't know which would be the
appropriate place to discuss this.

The Linux Docuemntation Project have now put a long discussed new
tool to work -- "Lampadas". Announcement is at

     http://www.tldp.org/ldpwn/ldpwn-2002-04-30.html

One important sentence of it is this:

    Not only do we hope to mirror KDE, Gnome and other Free
    documentation, but we hope that some of the technology
    being developed for Lampadas will make its way into other
    end-user help systems, such as Gnome and KDE's help browsers.

The technology includes conversion tools to and from DocBook XMl,
a  WikiWiki that allows easy authoring of documents as simple
(near-ASCII) text (which finally gets converted into DocBook
automatically), utilities to help administer a huge amount of
documents, authors and translations, an interface to CVS, etc.

To me, Lampadas seems to have some really cool and unique features.

Could our people designing our documentation infrastructure and the
tools to produce and maintain them please check it out?

Thanks,
Kurt