Proposal for KControl

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Sun Jun 30 23:40:36 BST 2002

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 03:24:29PM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> søndag 30 juni 2002, 03:16 pm, skrev Waldo Bastian:
> > I have seen some alternative arrangements (I think that was on
> > kde-usability) so it might me usefull to wait a bit till there is consensus
> > on the direction to go instead of rushing things now and changing it again
> > next week.
> >
> > I also think that it is usefull to document all the design decissions for
> > the further arrangement so that we don't have this "let's redesign
> > kcontrol" discussion with every release.
>
> Too late. :)
>
> Shall I revert?

I don't think so personally. With this sort of thing no matter how much talking
is done no conclusions are going to be drawn unless someone actually works on
improving the current situation incrementally.

Kcontrol has had a bad structure for quite a long time now, and together with
the kde-usability's team ui fixes I think kde 3.1 will turn out to actually
finally solve this problem.

 Alex