Plugin loader (was: Re: "get hot new stuff" button)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Jun 21 08:54:05 BST 2002

On Friday 21 June 2002 08:02, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 20 June 2002 23:56, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > By the way, how many different plugin loading frameworks do we have in
> > KDE?
>
> Only one and it's called KLibLoader+KTrader ;)

I know about them ;-) Of course you can build a plugin loader on top of these
classes, but it requires additional code which is similar in all apps using
plugins. What I'm missing is something which would it make possible to write
plugin loading code like this:

PluginLoader<SomeClass> loader;
PluginInfo::List list = loader.availablePlugins();
SomeClass *plugin = loader.load( list[1] );
QPtrList<SomeClass> pluginList = loader.loadAll();

This would hide ugly things like passing around library names or casting
factory classes to the right type.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>