strange crash (or hitting an assert)

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Tue Jun 18 07:56:34 BST 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 08:30:47AM +0000, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> since my last update of kdelibs and kdebase a few hours ago kwrite terminates
> and conqueror does the same every now and than:
>
> jowenn at jowenn1:~/Desktop/DOWNLOAD/ksplashml-0.95.1> kwrite
> /usr/local/qt//plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so: Feature JPEG already defined
> in /linux_alt/src/kde3/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so!
> /usr/local/qt//plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so: Feature MNG already defined in
> /linux_alt/src/kde3/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so!
> kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( KTextEditor/Plugin, )
> kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 2 offers
> kwrite: kxmlguiclient.cpp:574: void
> KXMLGUIClient::removeChildClient(KXMLGUIClient *): Zusicherung
> »d->m_children.containsRef( child )« nicht erfüllt.
> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kwrite path = <unknown> pid = 32104
> /usr/local/qt//plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so: Feature JPEG already defined
> in /linux_alt/src/kde3/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so!
> /usr/local/qt//plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so: Feature MNG already defined in
> /linux_alt/src/kde3/qt-copy/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so!

I added that assertion yesterday. It definitely indicates a bug in
the kwrite code (or its plugin handling) . As the assertion already
says, you're calling removeChildClient with an object as argument that
wasn't previously registered with insertChildClient.

I'm installing kdeaddons/kate now to see if I can reproduce it (I
can't with the bare kwrite) .

Simon