Non-debug kdelibs + self-compiled application == kdDebug annoyance

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Jun 17 20:40:43 BST 2002

I think the subject mostly speaks for itself.

A release build of kdelibs (with --disable-debug) thoroughly disables debug
messages even in applications outside kdelibs. I just got a mail from someone
with a Kopete problem and he didn't get any debug output, despite having the
debug turned on in Kopete.

Is there any way to fix this? A quick chat with David on IRC pointed me to
Coolo, but other people may have ideas as well, hence kde-core-devel. If
David points me to Coolo it's apparently not that easy, although I didn't
quite expect it to be difficult to change.

Any thoughts?

Martijn