kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Mon Jun 10 20:42:17 BST 2002

On Monday 10 June 2002 10:12 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
|  On Sunday June 09, 2002 02:02, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > P.S. I think both Keramik and High Performance Liquid are not ready to
|  > be included into KDE. They should be somewhat optional, say, in
|  > kdeartwork or in separate RPM.
|
|  kdeartwork is part of KDE for several releases now.  And I agree, there's
|  nothing wrong at all with having them in there.  Putting one of them in
|  kdelibs can't hurt, either.  Just don't default it.

I have tested both Keramik and Liquid last weekend, and I think all comments
about Mosfet's HPL (when he wanted to briong it into kdelibs) are also valid
for Keramik, and latest version of HPL as well.
Authors of Keramik and HPL do not think about people using KDE in office
(like, for example, I do)
Funny Aqua-like, semi-translucent, blurred environment is not what you want
when writing memo or preparing presentation. Until Keramik hitted *production
quality* - there is no point to include it into KDE (kdeartwork).

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)