Unifying ~/Desktop

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Jun 11 03:15:33 BST 2002

Havoc Pennington [hp at redhat.com] wrote:
> > Be aware that in KDE you can name your trash dir anything you want (just rename
> > the icon, overruling the translations).
> > The icon is defined in the <your_trash_dir>/.directory
> > but the fact that we allow a different options-menu (including empty-trash) for
> > the trashcan exists since we register in the kdeglobals file the full-path to the
> > trash dir.
>
> Is this preference useful? ;-)
>
> I think we can hack around it somehow.

The preference to make those directories configurable is very useful.  On
MacOS X the trash folder for the user (for an english-speaking user,
anyways) is ~/Desktop/.Trash/; allowing me to configure it means I can share
my trash folder between KDE and OSX.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
WWJD?  JWRTFM!