konquerors horror tooltips

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Sun Jun 9 22:15:40 BST 2002

On Friday 07 June 2002 20:29, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> > I didn't know they ignored that. I didn't touch the enable/disable code,
> > I just tested it with the setting below and it worked. I will look at
> > this though.
>
> This setting applies directly to QToolTip (it disables them globally), but
> Konqueror's Tooltip is a self-made one (i.e. not a QToolTip, but a QLabel
> or something like that). It should obey QToolTip::isGloballyEnabled().

I'm not sure about this. Those file info tooltips seve a different purpose
than regular tooltips. I think you might want them even if you don't want
regular tooltips, and I guess people could also want it the other way round.
About the previews: We have currently two options for the info tooltips - one
where you can set the maximum number of text entries shown (people also
suggested to reduce the default from 6 to 2 or 3 to get it smaller) and a
checkbox to disabled them completely. I think another checkbox to disable
just the image previews Would't Hurt (tm).
Btw: On LinuxTag, I heared from some developers that they didn't like those
huge things at the beginning, but after some time got used to them. Still I
think it'd be good to be able to disable those image previews because they
look quite obtrusive. I guess we'd just have to agree on the default setting
;)