kde-common/accounts in kmail's addressbook

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Wed Jun 5 15:32:18 BST 2002

Surely the dcop inteface for KMail is perfectly suited for use as an
interface for plugins.

The dcop interface can continue to be extended to meet the needs of
plugins and external client apps. If a plugin author or whoever wants
the dcop interface to be extended I think it's up to them to work out
how it needs to be extended, and preferable provide a patch
implementing that interface.

There are a lot of feature requests for KMail. Features requested to
satisfy very specific needs. It would be easy to implement many of
these, but stupid to bloat the KMail GUI by adding menu items etc for
these features.

What I do see there being a need for is a way of having external KMail
plugins integrate with the KMail GUI. Maybe initially something as
simple as a gimp like plugins menu would be enough.

Don.