Crash in ~KApplication (was Re: Crash on exit, seemingly caused by netacces)

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Sun Jun 2 21:37:30 BST 2002

On Saturday 01 June 2002 20:21, Klas Kalass wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2002 00:17 schrieb Klas Kalass:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think I found a bug somewhere in kdelibs. Keduca crashes on exit with
> > current kdelibs when a remote file is opened. This does not happen with the
> > KDE 3.0 release version kdelibs. I do not have the time and resource to
> > recompile qt & libs with debug to get a decent backtrace at the moment, but
> > I think the output of valgrind might be helpfull to someone more
> > knowledgable.
>
> I did a recompile with debug output now and attached the backtrace.
>
> I think the following happens:
> On exit, the destructors are called, destructing KGlobals::_instance on the
> way. When the kapplication destructor is done, all objects are automatically
> deleted and in AuthDataList destructor the cached Data shall be purged, but
> to check for the existance of the CacheDaemon a KDEsuClient needs to be
> created which needs KGlobal::_instance in its constructor to get the current
> locale.

This "I need to create something upon destruction" scheme looks wrong to me.
If this AuthDataList stuff has to be cleaned up, I assume it means it's been used
previously, so why doesn't it keep the KDEsuClient around, when doing that,
in order to reuse it upon destruction?

Disclaimer: this is just a wild guess, I know nothing of AuthData*, CacheDaemon nor KDEsuClient.

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/