The possibility of adding a new feature

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Jul 27 16:41:16 BST 2002

On Saturday 27 July 2002 05:31, Nick Betcher wrote:
> 	I had a sysadmin in #kde tonight that wanted an autologout feature for
> idle users. Is it too late for something like that?

No, there's plenty of time left to add features for KDE 3.2.

> It's *not* on the outstanding feature list, but I doubt something
> like this would be that hard since I already have most of the code from a
> Kopete plugin. All that I would need is a KMessageBox asking the user
> whether or not they want to stay logged in.

The feature freeze is not just there because new features are hard: it's there
so there is a sufficient amount of time and public alpha/beta releases to
have them tested.

> 	The main reason I ask now is that something like this would be a big
> usuability thing for sysadmins. (And the fact that I'll forget to do it
> after the feature freeze :) )

Add it to developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.2-features.html and you
won't be able to forget. :-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much