The possibility of adding a new feature

Nick Betcher nbetcher at kde.org
Sat Jul 27 04:31:06 BST 2002

Hi
	I had a sysadmin in #kde tonight that wanted an autologout feature for idle
users. Is it too late for something like that? Obviously that would be a
non-default option, so I'm not sure how you all feel about something like
that. It's *not* on the outstanding feature list, but I doubt something like
this would be that hard since I already have most of the code from a Kopete
plugin. All that I would need is a KMessageBox asking the user whether or not
they want to stay logged in.

	The only place I could probably put it would be KDM since sysadmins would be
generally using this feature, and they wouldn't want users turning it off :)

	The main reason I ask now is that something like this would be a big
usuability thing for sysadmins. (And the fact that I'll forget to do it after
the feature freeze :) )

				Thanks,
					Nick Betcher

P.S.) I would appreciate being CC'ed as I'm not subscribed to kde-core-devel