KGX? WTF?

Shawn Gordon shawn at thekompany.com
Sat Jul 27 16:10:08 BST 2002

At 01:46 AM 7/27/2002, you wrote:
>Shawn Gordon wrote:
>
>[ ... ]
>
> > >I don't expect responsibile journalism from the KDE FUD site ;-).
> >
> > FUD site?  You may not agree with what you read there, but *mostly* what is
> > written is accurate and raises good points.
>
>I have found the inaccuracy and one-sidedness legion, and accuracy,
>fairness and objectivity to be severely wanting.  Some things you may
>consider an "agreement" issue, but I think the difference is largely
>whether your goal is to do harm or report facts.

please show me some links, because from what I've seen it is sour grapes,
not inaccuracies, but I also don't read every single word on the site.

> > dep has always been a huge
> > cheerleader for KDE from what I've seen,
>
>Apparently you have not seen one particular editorial which in my view,
>and pretty much anyone else who has had the misfortune of reading it,
>contains the most ugly, hateful and downright racist writing I have ever
>seen about any FS / OS project, and in its viciousness far exceeds
>anything coming from Redmond or the most obnoxious trolls that have
>visited the dot or other sites I have read (barring perhaps /. read at
>-1).

however the anit-americanism, anti-semitism didn't bother you from the
original thread?  I read that editorial far differently than you did.

> > and now that he has his own news
> > site, I see him trying to balance his coverage out by talking about gnome
> > and problems with KDE, which there are.
>
>I see absolutely nothing balanced about it.  Your perspective may
>differ, given e.g. the latest story involving you did not even include
>the other side of the story, but then again, it seems to me that
>irresponsibility is the rule there.

well facts are facts.  I have bounced paychecks in hand, and I have a labor
board court date.  If Hancom chooses not to reply, then that is their
problem.  It's the same problem I've had with them the entire time.  Did
you happen to read my guest essay about KDE?  From all the core developers
I talked to, they said it was accurate, and if it is in fact accurate, it
accounts for most of the huge current disconnect with dep and others.

> > Of all the "journalists" I've talked to and interviewed with since founding
> > theKompany 3 years ago, dep is the only one that has been an "actual"
> > journalist, apart from maybe the linuxgram folks.
>
>If by "journalist" you mean to imply professionalism, I could not
>disagree more.
>
>Ciao,
>
>Dre

Regards,