patch for install-sh to prevent unnecessary copying

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Thu Jul 25 12:27:39 BST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Con Hennessy wrote:

> > > 	I'm using Solaris where there is no /usr/bin/install
> > > available, therefore the script admin/install-sh is used.

Better install GNU fileutils which contains an install which supports the
-p option.  Alternatively use the BSD install, which also supports it (and
also does compares).  If the install allows -p it's used by KDE's make
process.

If you absolutely want to change install-sh, please take that up with the
autoconf people, which currently hold the master copy of this file.  (Bear
in mind, that this behaviour should be dependend on an option, e.g. -p as
in the other install programs)

Ciao,
Michael.