status of per application i18n

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Wed Jul 24 09:39:46 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2002 10:26 schrieb Scott Wheeler:
> I've heard rumors in a few places about being able to select a specific
> language for an application to run using (assuming that you have that
> language installed).  What is the status of this?  Will this be possible in
> 3.1?

It is is a long standing wish of the KDE translators and a lot of users to
have a standard menu entry for such a change. But so far you can only do it
via the command line (eg "KDE_LANG=de kspread") or by changing the config
file for the app by adding something like

[Locale]
Country=de
Language=de

Regards,