Transparent panel.

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Tue Jul 23 19:21:29 BST 2002

Hey everyone,

I fixed some problems with this patch and unless someones says "screw
you hippie" I'm going to commit the "transparent panel" patch. I fixed
the problem with the panel buttons not being transparent. So, what's
transparent:
- the panel itself,
- all panel buttons,
what's not transparent
- tasklist,
- clock,
- applets.
Neither of the last three (maybe with the exception of the tasklist, on
which I'm going to hack a little) is going to become transparent
(unless _real_ transparency gets into XFree86 ). If you feel like
testing it, patch your kdebase with the attached patch, or look at the
screenshots below and drool/flame on/read another post.
http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/kicker2.png
http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/kicker3.png
http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/kicker1.png

Zack Rusin

--
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney
Spears