artswrapper defanged

konold at mail.kde.org konold at mail.kde.org
Tue Jul 23 16:37:31 BST 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:16:48AM +0200, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Martin Konold wrote:
>
> > No, I can handle this case with using a RT watchdog easily.
>
> And you expect every user to have a RT watchdog ?

No, but artswrapper launches artsd with SCHED_FIFO and priority N. I see
no reason why artsd should not also launch artsguard with SCHED_FIFO N+1.

In general I see also no reason why SCHED_RR is not better anyway. In
this case using the same priority N is fine.

artsguard has not only to watch artsd but all children of artswrapper in
order to catch fork() attacks.

Yours,
--martin