Missing Home Button in KFD

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Mon Jul 22 10:09:00 BST 2002

On Monday 22 July 2002 04:39, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Charles Samuels
>
> > Without the sidebar (which I'm known for strongly disliking...), the
> > KFD is unusable, yet the sidebar thing is still disableable? It's
> > like making an option that renders KFD nearly unusable.
>
> I agree that the home button being missing is annoying when you have
> the sidebar disabled. Obviously it's not just me who disables it :)
>
> > Can we please XMLGUI the KFD toolbar, make it customizable, or at
> > least not eliminate useful features that our users (and some of
> > ourselves) have enjoyed, and have grown accustomed to for years?
>
> Making it work like app toolbars (editable) would be logical, indeed.

That is not really a solution. That way the user has to mine in the
configurations to get back a button he is used to.

Imagine the user who upgrades to kde 3.1 (has not read kde-core-devel :), and
founds his home button missing. That's a sure bugreport.

I find it more reasonably, to leave that button there! And if the user does
not use it, and finds that the button takes up too much space, then let him
remove it.
But the default should be on!

Regards
Zsolt Rizsanyi