ASF spec licensing issues

Allan Sandfeld Jensen snowwolf at one2one-networks.com
Sat Jul 20 19:41:25 BST 2002

On Saturday 20 July 2002 19:48, Shane Wright wrote:

> Part 2 (d) is also annoying; it says that my 'Solution' (the KFile plugin),
> must implement the Spec in it's entirety; hardly appropriate for its
> purposes.

IANAL, but in entirety just means you have to support all parts of the spec
(not crash on valid files, or interpret them in a nonintended way). Since you
are just displaying the most important informations about the file, you do
support the entire spec. for your application of it.

OTOH. However we might circumvent the license, there is no doubt that
Microsoft intended to make stuff like this as hard as legally possible.
(stuff like this = anything that works on non-MS platforms)