artswrapper defanged

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Sat Jul 20 12:11:09 BST 2002

   Hi!

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 02:54:40PM +0200, Martin Konold wrote:
> > I doubt that! Please provide me with an exploit so that I can test my
> > potential fix.
>
> I am trying to fix the local DOS problem but I am failing to write an exploit
> for the non modified KDE 3.0.2 version of artswrapper.

I have written an exploit now (loads plugin into artsd and consumes all CPU
power), but I don't consider it a good idea to post it to the list - anybody
who is interested in it to work or think about possible ways to deal with it,
(I still consider the issue unfixable), drop me a private mail.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany