[Controversial Patch for Bug 18180] kfind sloppy match for simple search strings

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Thu Jul 18 21:28:55 BST 2002

Hi!

I made a patch that makes kfind perform an exact match only when one of the
special characters *,?,[,] is used. This is done so that an unexperienced
user will find his files more easily, but an experienced one still has some
control over it. I hope this is a good balance between part 1 of Bugreport
#18180 and what I suspect most people here prefer. By the way this seems to
be how Windows XP handles it so we even have the "It is done this way in xxx
so it is right" fraction on our side if I apply the patch ;-)

Example:
kfind -> kfind.cpp is FOUND
k?ind -> kfind.cpp is NOT FOUND
k?ind* -> kfind.cpp is FOUND