kdebase/kate/app/Makefile.am errors with dummy

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Thu Jul 18 18:27:09 BST 2002

When I do "make -f Makefile.cvs" on a fresh checkout of kdebase, I get this:

*** Creating Makefile templates
automake-1.6: kate/app/Makefile.am: object `dummy.$(OBJEXT)' created both with
libtool and without
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

If I split off the single "dummy" reference into three, so that it looks like
this (only relevant chunks included):

kate_la_SOURCES = dummy.cpp
kate_la_LIBADD = libkateinterfaces.la
kate_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH) -module -avoid-version

kate_SOURCES = dummy2.cpp
kate_LDADD = kate.la
kate_LDFLAGS = $(KDE_RPATH) $(all_libraries)

kwrite_SOURCES = dummy3.cpp
kwrite_LDADD = kwrite.la
kwrite_LDFLAGS = $(KDE_RPATH) $(all_libraries)

dummy.cpp:
        echo > dummy.cpp

dummy2.cpp:
        echo > dummy2.cpp

dummy3.cpp:
        echo > dummy3.cpp

Then it works fine. I'm unfamiliar with automake, so I don't know if this is a
proper fix. But if it is, please let me know and I'll commit. (BTW, I'm using
automake 1.6.2.) Thanks,

Trevor