KDirOperator - signals

Carsten Wolff AirWulf666 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 18 01:14:06 BST 2002

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 22:14, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 July 2002 13:57, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> > After reading the thread about kuickshow, I wanted to make it's
> > file-widget to show new images, when one walks through the files with
> > the arrow-keys. But it seems, there is no signal in KDirOperator, wich
> > is emitted on this. Shouldn't "fileHighlighted( const KFileItem * )"
> > be emitted whenever a file is highlighted by either mouse or keyboard?
>
> exactly that's what it should do. And it seems to work as well. With
> which view do you experience problems?

Oh, sorry, I should think, before I talk. :) DirOperator works as it
should, indeed. But still, in kuickshow, with focus on the file-view,
there is no way to walk through the files and instantly show them with
only one keypress. You always have to press Return, before the image is
shown. Why is this better?
OK, you can use PageUp/Down, as long, as focus is on the viewer-window, but
it took me some time to find out, especially, because this action doesn't
appear in the shortcut-configuration.

Carsten.

--
| THE K Desktop Environment: |  My very own little site:  |
|     http://www.kde.org     | http://www.wolffcarsten.de |