kwin's kcmodules

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Jul 16 23:13:08 BST 2002

On Tuesday, 16 July 2002 05:08, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > Still, I don't understand why and when the many dcop calls to
> > "reconfigure" became necessary. (see
> > kdebase/kwin/kcmkwin/kwinoptions/{main.cpp, windows.cpp,mouse.cpp} etc.).
> > Wasn't there a centralized mechanism in the kcontrol API that made the
> > config propagation automatic at th pushing of the "apply" button?
>
> each tab is now a seperate control panel. so now each needs to call
> reconfigure when the user is done with it....

This doesn't explain the "reconfigure" dcop calls. They are separate control
panels, they have separate ::save() methods, they inherit (separately) the
kcm API. They should all get the default KControl functionality without the
dcop hacks.

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org