X hangs reproducably with recent KDE CVS versions

Martin Konold konold at kde.org
Wed Jul 17 00:45:37 BST 2002

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 01:27, Helge Deller wrote:

Hi,

> > Are you using any menu effects such as fade or animate?
>
> Yes, fading is on and like as ian reinhart geiser with the closed-source
> NVidia driver, though IIRC I also have had the same problem on my laptop
> which has an trident gfx chip.

There is an issue with linux that it can happen that the clocks goes
backwards. I could trigger this problem a lot with my IBM Laptop at SuSE.
After figureing this out with some XFree86 people there was a workaround
introduced in XFree86.

But I just heard that the kernel people are working on the issue.

Yours,
--martin
P.S.: The problem was btw very easily triggered by a speedstep cpu.

--
Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
Stauffenbergstraße 107, 72074 Tübingen, Germany
email: konold at kde.org