Kuickshow's UI

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Jul 16 19:40:05 BST 2002

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 11:14 am, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Waldo Bastian
>
> > On Monday 15 July 2002 11:44 pm, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > >
> > > Kuickshow's UI is miles away from being standard (KDE standard). I
> > > think kview should be the default image viewer, to avoid confusing
> > > the user.
> >
> > Can kuickshow then be moved to kdeextragear?
>
> Well, it's stable and seems feature complete.

Yes, I am not talking about kdenonbeta, I'm talking about kdeextragear. If it
wasn't stable and feature complete it wouldn't belong in kdeextragear.

>I just don't think its GUI is
> necessarily the best thing to have as default when viewing images.

I don't have a very strong opinion about that.

> I don't
> know why it should be moved anywhere except perhaps a step down in priority
> so users see kview by default.

It should be moved because it duplicates functionality. We clearly can't move
the default viewer, if kuickshow remains the default then kview should go.

> Apparently kview has problems right now though.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com