artswrapper defanged

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Tue Jul 16 19:31:39 BST 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:06:56AM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Tuesday July 16, 2002 02:39, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > Security should be enabled by default, not disabled.
>
> But you didn't just change defaults, you destructively removed
> features without giving an option to turn them back on!  With the job only
> half-done, leaving features removed in this state, your changes are just
> going to get reverted unless you finish the job.

The code that was disabled had a bug, a bug that brings many people into
problems.  In other words, the realtime-scheduling stuff is not finished, it
lacks the most important part of all; fool-proof security.

I read that you say an unfinished job should be reverted, so by your reasoning
the feature should be removed.

Basically you agree, but I fear that the passionate replies point out that long
logic has been abandoned.

Just fix the hole and move along, please.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be