artswrapper defanged

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 16 15:41:23 BST 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Neil Stevens wrote:

> > If nobody else finished the job then so be it.
>
> If someone left an unfinished job in the code Stefan is responsible for,
> then he can finish or revert it at his will.

It's not nice, of course, but defaulting to the "safer" side (not only in
the security side) as we are talking about a fixed part of kdelibs here.
Every KDE application depends on it - directly or indirectly. In this case
we cannot wait for a single developer to find some spare time.

> > So you disagree with a secure setting better being "on" by default ?
>
> Harri: do you know what Rik did?  He didn't just change a default setting.
> He totally disabled realtime, completely ifdefing it out.
>
> Further, in my original reply to Rik, after he made the commit, I already
> did express agreement with the idea of not installign artswrapper suid by
> default.  That has never been in dispute.

Ok, ok. Nice that there's an agreement then. Who's going to implement it
? As long as nobody does I prefer Rick's quick&dirty solution ;(

Harri.