artswrapper defanged

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Tue Jul 16 08:20:23 BST 2002

   Hi!

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 01:56:40AM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Waldo Bastian
>
> > I don't think that's necassery. It is ok if someone wants to run
> > artswrapper suid as long as they are aware of the implications. The
> > problem is that by shipping it with suid by default people end up
> > with a DOS vulnerability without being aware of it.
>
> It's not necessary, but it can serve as a reminder for now unless you
> care enough to remove it.
>
> +#if defined (NO_MORE_LOCAL_DOS_HOLE)
>         adjust_priority();
> +#endif

I do care about aRts, and unless you reply to my lengthy mail on
kde-multimedia with valid reasons about why it makes sense to do what you
did (IMHO it does not make any sense at all), I will simply revert your
commit entierly.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany