QXEmbed reparent patch

Till Krech till at snafu.de
Tue Jul 16 03:04:03 BST 2002

Hi,
On Monday 15 July 2002 02:36, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Son, 14 Jul 2002, Till Krech wrote:
> > The trick is, to retry to XReparentWindow the window for up to 50 times
> > with slight delays (usleep(1000)) and look if it has already the required
> > parent with XQueryTree.
>
> ewww.. both hardcoded usleeps and XQueryTree's are awful. XQueryTree is
> terrible slow.
>
> I think what you're looking for is a syncX().

looked, tried, whereever I place it - it changes nothing.
If the patch would be pretty and I really understood what's going on here I
hadn't posted it to this list. But hey, it works and that's what KDE is
supposed to do.
I know that XQueryTree is told to be slow. Although I couldn't observe it in
this case.
So, where is the better patch, which works ? ;)

regards, till

--
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP
KDE: 3.0.6 (KDE 3.1 alpha1)