Kicker's clock

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Sat Jul 13 21:59:37 BST 2002

Forgot to forward to kde-core-devel:

Subject: Re: Kicker's clock
Date: Saturday 13 July 2002 22:57
From: Helge Deller <deller at gmx.de>
To: Hans Meine <hans_meine at gmx.net>
Cc: Michael Brade <brade at kde.org>, Rik Hemsley <rik at kde.org>

On Thursday 11 July 2002 23:36, Hans Meine wrote:
> Michael Brade <brade at kde.org> writes:
> > >
> > > Ahh, now I see! But since there is no kdatepicker scrolling for me I
> > > was a bit confused. Hmm. No idea why our KDEs behave different. I'm
> > > going to remove my whole /opt/kde-3 the next days, let's see if this
> > > will change something.
> >
> > Nope, it doesn't. It simply won't work. How's this working for anybody
> > else?
>
> At first, seems to work as intended by Helge: Opening the datepicker,
> the timezone-scrolling is disabled, and I can move the pointer over
> any point on the panel (except the minipager) and scroll the
> datepicker with my wheel. However if I leave the panel once (which
> will instantly auto-hide then) and come back with the pointer, the
> wheel is not doing anything anymore.
>
> What does that mean? I think the clue is that the datepicker
> immediately gets focus when you click on the clock. Further
> mouse/wheel events are delivered to it - only the panel pages reacts
> to the wheel because it seems to have "strong focus". Leaving the
> pager means giving focus to another app in my case, moving it back
> into datepicker works of course.
>
> Another thought: If two widgets react to the same event, isn't that a
> sign that the first which processes the event doesn't correctly "eat"
> it (/mark it as processed)?

Hi Hans,
Thanks a lot for testing and the analysis !
Today I recompiled whole KDE CVS and since today (or a few days
back) kdatepicker doesn't grab all Wheelevents any longer.
I reverted my kclockapplet hack again and the combination of kclockapplet,
kdatepicker and kicker seems to work as it should - both with and without
kicker's autohiding feature.
I hope it works for all of you too now.

Greetings,
Helge