Speculative patches for kdelibs/kdecore/kwinmodule

David Boddie david at sleepydog.net
Fri Jul 12 18:13:46 BST 2002

These patches are speculative in that they modify a core component
in a way which will, no doubt, cause compatibility issues to arise.
I'm posting them now to elicit comment on their suitability for
inclusion in a future version of KDE.

They concern the addition of a signal for notifying clients of changes
to the current desktop viewport.

I'm away for two weeks and will out of necessity be unsubscribing to
this list, so I'd be grateful if comments could be copied to my e-mail
address as well as to this list.

My apologies to anyone who feels that I may be pursuing the issue
of viewport support rather aggresively. It's something I believe is
a useful addition to my desktop, and which I'd like to share with
others.

David