binary compatibility issues in kdelibs

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 22:45:24 BST 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 18:39, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> In addition all the public interface classes in libkabc (Format,
> Resource, etc.) changed in binary incompatible ways. I find it
> confusing though that they are marked as @internal but are still
> installed.

The Resource classes are marked as internal because they were not
supposed to be part of the public interface, at least not for the 3.0
release. One reason was that it was quite clear that they would have to
be changed in binary incompatible way. They probably shouldn't have
been installed, but this shouldn't be a reason to require binary
compatibilty for them. Is this ok?