VFolders isn't a standard yet

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 18:13:26 BST 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 06:45 am, George wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:33:36AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > 1) Suggest addition to the spec
> >
> > Which will not be translated untill a new version of the spec will be
> > implemented right?
>
> Not really, the implementation shouldn't be anal and check that categories
> are from the approved list.  So the new category would just work.

I don't think the category itself will be a problem but how will this category
be mapped into the actual menu? There doesn' seem to be a way for an ISV that
ships an application to indicate that he would like to have a seperate menu
for that, that wasn't defined already by the distribution (or user). Of
course it's open for debate whether that's desirable or not.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com