PATCH: KNode - KNHdrViewItem

Roberto Teixeira maragato at conectiva.com
Tue Jul 9 18:05:56 BST 2002

Hi,

Am Montag 08 Juli 2002 21:30 schrieb Scott Wheeler:
> Sorting for articles has been broken in KNode for a couple of days.  I
> looked at the CVS logs and this happened when KNLVItemBase switched its
> base class from KListViewItem to KFolderTreeItem (from libkdenetwork).

Yes, the switch isn't over yet. There are some issues yet.

> However, it appears that KFolderTreeItem is primarily intended to be used
> on the list of folders on the left and as such the compare() function is
> overridden to sort that list.  This really messed up the sorting of
> messages.

You are right. I think the right thing to do is to use another class for the
article headers, possibly something to be in libkdenetwork as well.

> Anyway, I'll commit this tomorrow if noone objects.

You can commit this now if you want since it fixes the behaviour for people
using knode from CVS. It will only be a temporary fix, though.

regards,

	Roberto.