The "E" in "KDE" (more or less was: KDE RC Authority)

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Jul 8 16:49:59 BST 2002

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 01:14:29AM +0200, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> kdeextragear was specifically created for stuff NOT part of the release. It
> is up to the application maintainer and the module maintainer to decide if
> he wants to be part of the release schedule or not.

Ok, I was misinformed about this, my apologies.

> Please sum up for those little dumb people (i.e. me) WHY EXACTLY you want to
> FORK KDE ?

I never wanted to, but if my fears would be justified than I might not have
had a choice.. Fortunately it looks like there is no danger that we, as a
cooperative group, will focus on releasing just a framework. Unfortunately
some people *would* like KDE to leave application development for what it
is.

While that saddens me, those people seem not to be in the majority. I asked
you all to stand up if my fears were unjustified; apparently they mostly
are. Thanks for your input. Let's write some code.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much