KProcess and bash arguments

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Sun Jul 7 22:44:12 BST 2002

Hi,

during investigating a timing dependent crash of KDevelop-2.1.2 (cvs) I
found something in
bool KProcess::start(RunMode runmode, Communication comm)
that looks strange (and/or I have interpretation problems of the bash
man-pages). KProcess calls in my case
	/bin/sh -c make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs
but reading the man pages of bash I have the impression that it should be
	/bin/sh -c "make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs"
This means that the result of shellCmd in KProcess::start() should be
enclosed in double colons.
The second verson works at least if I execute it from a console ;)

Some lines below there is the line
	execvp( arglist[0], arglist );
A dumb question: Does this mean that the command is executed in a shell that
itself is executed in a shell.

Regards,
Jens