The "E" in "KDE" (more or less was: KDE RC Authority)

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Fri Jul 5 22:45:42 BST 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:15:15PM +0200, aleXXX wrote:
> On Friday 05 July 2002 19:48, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Friday 05 July 2002 05:38 am, Rob Kaper wrote:
> > > Again, my fears of KDE degrading into an API instead of an environment
> > > might not be justified. If you agree with me that
> > >
> > > - we should continue building an environment and not just a framework,
> > > - we should not have duplicate applications and
> > > - we should get rid of kdeextragear as soon as possible because it will
> > > hurt the environment,
> >
> > I think we should focus on applications. The environment and framework are
> > done, finished. New features for any of those two should be approved first
> > by a 25-member commitee with unanimous vote.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Waldo
>
> Did you forget the ";-)" behind your sentence ?

Read the following page to understand what I (and presumable Waldo) mean:
    http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/c/creeping_featurism.html

And the following to counter all arguments of feature requests:
    http://slashdot.org/journal.pl?op=display&id=3857&uid=220311

The point is something along the lines of
    'Move along now, there is nothing more to do, go home please'

I know its a shock for many hackers, but there are more applications out there
that can excell from your expertise :)

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be