The "E" in "KDE" (more or less was: KDE RC Authority)

aleXXX alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Fri Jul 5 22:15:15 BST 2002

On Friday 05 July 2002 19:48, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 05 July 2002 05:38 am, Rob Kaper wrote:
> > Again, my fears of KDE degrading into an API instead of an environment
> > might not be justified. If you agree with me that
> >
> > - we should continue building an environment and not just a framework,
> > - we should not have duplicate applications and
> > - we should get rid of kdeextragear as soon as possible because it will
> > hurt the environment,
>
> I think we should focus on applications. The environment and framework are
> done, finished. New features for any of those two should be approved first
> by a 25-member commitee with unanimous vote.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Did you forget the ";-)" behind your sentence ?
But still I don't understand.
The environment and framework are almost done, not much is missing. Before
adding new features to any of them it should be considered whether they are
really required/useful (at least by the one who wants to implement this
feature).

Bye
Alex