kreatecd and k3b moved to kdeextragear

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Fri Jul 5 16:27:56 BST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2002 23:15 schrieb Neil Stevens:
> On Thursday July 04, 2002 02:08, Klas Kalass wrote:
> > If I remember, that was the opinion of the majority of people stating
> > their opinion - not of the majority of posts because at least Neil was
> > very active stating his opinion.
>
> OK, fine, if it's the majority opinion to eliminate overlap, let me know
> which music player's going to nonbeta.  I'll need to know whether I have
> to make my own releases or not.
When you imported kaboodle, your argument was that it had a different purpose
than noatun, wasn't it? Didn't you say back then that we need it because it
is optimized for beeing embedded and that noatun would be much slower if it
were done as a kpart? Of course those were not your exact words, but wasn't
that the main idea behind the things you (and I think charles as well) were
saying? That is very different to the cdburner apps, which are targeted at
different user groups, and all have some additional features that overlap.
And I see no need for a lightweight cd-burner either, but a lightweight music
player kpart does make sense to me.