KDE RC Authority

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 22:45:19 BST 2002

On Thursday 04 July 2002 23:23, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Come now... It wasn't I who started moving apps around again to places
> where they won't be part of the KDE release.

Do you seriously want to release *FOUR* cd burning apps, none of them being
really mature and with a serious overlap? IIRC one of them was slanted
towards audio burning and the other 3 were all general-purpose burners. It's
not in the benefit of the KDE spirit (sharing and reusing code, integration)
to release those 4 apps.

In the multimedia case it's different. Noatun and Kaboodle server different
purposes. Kaboodle is lightweight and has the Konqueror KPart integration,
noatun is the heavyweight pluginnable player for all kinds of media.

That's not the same.

Martijn