kreatecd and k3b moved to kdeextragear

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Thu Jul 4 18:04:12 BST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2002 09:52 schrieb Ryan Cumming:
> On July 4, 2002 00:47, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > We don't have them all in the release. KreateCD, and K3b already were
> > moved to extragear (which is not part of the release), KOnCD went to
> > nonbeta a while back (AFAIK). Only remaining question is whether Bake
> > Oven should also be moved or whether it should be the one to keep for
> > 3.1.
>
> Personally, I've just started hacking on it, and think it should be in
> pretty good shape to ship with KDE 3.1.
That is very nice to hear and is a reason why it should go to the extra gear
:)

I would like to repeat myself:
We moved k3b and kreatecd, so we have to move cdbakeoven as well. And at least
k3b is actively worked on.
If the maintainers of k3b and kreatecd explicitely state that it is fine with
them if cdbakeoven stays then I don't care, but if I were them I would not
state that ;)

I think that although it still has a way to go, k3b is coming along very
nicely and looks as if it will become the most user friendly cd burning tool.
(checkout the initial setup wizard - exactly what is needed!)

But *please* lets not restart the thread about the best cd burner. There were
no objections to the solution with the extra gear back in May. Everybody had
enough time to make up his/her mind wether the app should go to the gear or
be removed or whatever and everybody had enough time to ask David or Waldo to
do the move at a date that fitts well.

Klas (hoping to see Ryan actively working on cdbakeoven in the extra gear :)