Dirty fix for a compatibility issue

jowenn at kde.org jowenn at kde.org
Wed Jul 3 09:22:49 BST 2002

Hi

Some time ago we (the KATE-Team) decided to rename
the katepart library. In KDE 3.0 it was called
libkatepart, which could suggest that it is
allowed to link against it, which is definitly not
the case. Now we call it just katepart to make
clear that it is a part or plugin.

The problem which arises is, that this is partly
binary and source incompatbile, because some out
of CVS developers used the klibloader directly
instead of using ktrader to find the library.

I'd like to introduce a dirty hack to klibloader
to solve that issue. I'd like to add a small "if"
which redirects a request to libkatepart to a
request to katepart.

Does someone see a problem with that ?
Does someone see a better solution ?
Does someone ......... ?