keramik kwin theme an dialog boxes

Matthias Ettrich ettrich at trolltech.com
Mon Jul 1 14:26:05 BST 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 13:31, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> > I think "What's this" should be enabled by default, too. It's very useful
> > to both new and accustomed users. The efforts of all the developers, who
> > care about writing those hints will be pretty useless when keramik is
> > default, the normal user is not going to find the configuration-option
> > but especially could use the hints.
>
> Yeah, I don't think most new people will found out that they can use
> shift-f1 for that ;-) They may look in help->what's this, but most dialogs
> that have what's this help don't have menus...
>
> On a related note: in Qt 3 you get a context menu with 'what's this?' on
> QLineEdits and QComboBoxes (and likely many other widgets, never tried),
> but this option is missing in KLineEdit/KComboBox. Could someone add them
> there? (I am talking about 3.0 branch, it might be there in HEAD already.
> If so, disregard this issue.)

It's not a QComboBox feature, but a feature of QDialog.

Context menu events in Qt are propagated up the parent widget chain, as long
as the receiving widgets ignore them. When the context menu event reaches the
toplevel QDialog, it will show the whats this context menu if any of the
widgets in question had whats this help assigned to them.

 Matthias