Proposal for KControl

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Mon Jul 1 13:59:13 BST 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:40:16PM +0200, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 07:23, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > same for the konsole configuration. The only option in that dialog that
> > needs to be in the control center is the option "which terminal to use by
>
> And write daemon setting, could that be combined with alarmd and kxmlrpcd?

i'd say session management. though it seems a bit wierd.

kxmlrpcd should be removed and replaced by the resedit application as its a
fairly advanced feature in any case. or possibly it could be moved into a new
Network->Perferences which should include the current settings, the Protocol
settings, XMLRPC and SOCKS. maybe thats slightly too big but they are all
really related.

i'm also not too sure about the addition of a web->proxy setup in networking.
maybe konqi should listen to http_proxy (if it doesn't already) and then the
proxy setup can influence this. then we can moan at mozilla people if they
don't already support this also. blah blah blah blah blah.

and what other than korganizer actually uses alarmd?, if nothing then it should
be in korganizer prefs, or in the systray icon.

Alex