Kicker hide buttons

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Dec 28 05:54:41 GMT 2002

Quoting "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at olympusproject.org>:

> <surprise>i did?</surprise>
>
> i picked up maintainership of the control panel, and i did fair amount
> of hacking on kicker for 3.1 (and some in past releases as well) and i have
> plans as you mention for some incremental design improvements for 3.2,
> but i don't think i ever took maintainership ...

Hmm, oops.  I just dug out that thread again (Mattias retiring) and saw that
you claimed kcmpanel not kicker.  Sorry for that...

> IMHO john firebaugh would be a great candidate for maintainer as he
> knows the code very well and has done a lot of important work on it of late.

Well, I've already done my share of volunteering others for the day, so I'll
stay out of this.  :-)

As I've said to you and on this list before, I plan on doing some work on
Kicker.  I'll start working through some of the bug reports when I get back to
Germany in a couple of weeks.  I started messing with a few of them before I
left, but my lack of broadband (which I should finally have again when I get
back) has made everything more difficult.

> sanity. good word for it. ;-)

Indeed.  So maybe I can blame the botch above on being away from my home box,
one too many family activities and jetlag.  ;-)

> january should be fun. oh, and happy holidays everyone!

Yep!

/me kicks himself for thinking he was actually going to have time for coding
during the holidays.  ;-)

Cheers,

-Scott