KDE_VERSION

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Dec 27 14:21:55 GMT 2002

On Donnerstag, 26. Dezember 2002 22:31, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> On December 26, 2002 12:17, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Don, 26 Dez 2002, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > kdelibs/kdecore/kdeversion.h in HEAD defines KDE_VERSION to be "319".
> > > Shouldn't this be "3190"?
> >
> > No, because that would be bigger than 320.
>
> But not bigger than 3200. I thought it was already determined that the
> switch to larger version numbers is fully backwards and
> forwards-compatible.

I'm quite confused too. I thought we leared from this 305/306 desaster, that
we use >3 digits now. I would like to follow Qt's way to 0x030190 because
it would be larger than any version before and we had a way to enlarge it at
our own space (and have 89 versions to go for 3.1.x :)

Greetings, Stephan