Question: virtual xinerama ?

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Sat Dec 21 11:31:19 GMT 2002

On Saturday 21 December 2002 11:34, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> I've got a question to a general idea that I got this morning. Would it be
> (technically) possible to connect another machine's display to set up a
> virtual xinerama ? I mean, a simple thing that comes to my mind is a

This *may* be possible with xf4vnc (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xf4vnc/).
xf4vnc includes a driver that is a VNC server. So if you have the xf4vnc
thing installed, you could try to create a regular Xinerama xf86
configuration file, just with the xf4vnc driver instead of a normal hardware
driver for the second (or third, or forth...) display.

bye...