kimgio: One library for 2 file types

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Dec 20 15:41:21 GMT 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 16:04, kde at ritzert.de wrote:
<snip>
> Do you have more recent verification for that? While I'm inclined to
> believe you, I have seen image/j2k "in the wild". See for example
> "LURATECH PLUGIN" @
> http://www.bahamapress.org/andres/kmeleon/plugins.html
<snip>

None of them is registered with IANA, although they all use the IETF
branch. The draft is clear that image/jp2 is the mime type to use for
all currently defined JPEG2000 still image modes, while reserving i/jpx
for further extensions that warrant a new mime type. Plus some movie
modes. I don't know why such an easy thing as a mime type registration
hasn't been pursued to the end, but I asked on ietf-types at iana.org
about them (answer pending).

Marc

--
It has become fashionable in the post Cold War world to label
opponents as terrorists [...]. By doing so, the authorities instill